Five things for Friday.
August 19, 2011 § Leave a comment
- I’ve been working 10 hour days this week, so my husband has been taking up cooking since I’m wiped when I come home. (Sitting in a classroom on hard, plastic chairs and reading Kindergarten standards from a million places and typing up an entire curriculum is hard and draining.) Last night, when I got off the elevator, I smelled fish in the hallway. When I opened the door, it smelled even fishier. Turns out, my husband had found crawfish in the grocery store! So he boiled it up and had it with some salad and corn (no potatoes–he’s not from the south, see). It was so good!
- I’m officially a writer at Dameon’s Books! It’s true! I’m “featured” on their About page, so it makes it all final. And no comments from the peanut gallery about the picture I posted (you know who you are).
- This is what my new job has looked like lately. But it’s fun! And I can’t wait for the school year to start!
- I also received my first book from a publisher to be reviewed. It came alllll the way from New York (this would seem more posh if I didn’t live within driving distance). I can’t wait to read it!
- Right now, I’m reading Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis. It’s like Jane Austen for little girls. It’s real cute. And I still can’t get over how cute the cover is.
This weekend we’re going to Green Fest and the Sumner Street Car Show in Boston and afterward to catch a Shakespeare play on the commons. I have to say, this has been a great week.