Why July will be a very exciting month.
July 7, 2011 § Leave a comment
- Maggie Stievater’s third book in her Wolves of Mercy Falls series will be released in exactly five days. I have to say, I’ve never been more excited for a book release since Harry Potter was finished. Yes, I will be going to the store the day of to purchase the book. If you haven’t read it already, be forewarned: it’s about werewolves. And no, I don’t necessarily love fantasy books like vampires and werewolves and wizards and such, but I’m pretty amazed at her writing skills. Not a genius like Rowling (but who is) but Stievater is pretty dang good at turning a phrase.
- My new site (in conjunction with my cousin) is coming along nicely, and in July we’re trying some new things. So be sure to check it out! (yeah, shameless plug. but it really is a pretty cool site.)
- My brother will be visiting in one week! As children, we never got along. Actually, that’s pretty much an understatement. But we seem to tolerate each other enough now that we’re older that he’s gracing us with a visit! I’m especially glad since I was supposed to go to Texas this weekend, but due to my husband’s hospital stay, we cannot. Bummer. But at least I get to see this guy!
- We’re finally going camping. We bought a tent last year–thank you people who gave us money as a wedding gift–but haven’t been able to use it. We had planned to go camping last month in Maine, but again, my husband likes to ruin events with things like surgery. So we’ll be going somewhere in New Hampshire/Maine and it will look something like this, I’m sure (minus the dog).
- The Closer, starring Kyra Sedgwick, is finally premiering on Monday. This is one of my favorite shows on TV and is about the only one I’ll actually watch in real time–i.e. not on the computer the day after. Except, I don’t watch it in real time because we don’t get the station. But if we did–and when we did–I did watch it. I even got my father in law hooked!
- Harry Potter 7 part 2, duh. Who isn’t excited about this? In anticipation of this movie, I have been very deliberate in attempts to not watch a single trailer for the film. Why, you ask? Mostly because I know exactly what’s going to happen, thanks to the book. And there’s no way I’m going to be surprised at the plot line, so I might as well be surprised with how it will all be portrayed! The only downside is that my brother will be here during the premiere, and as he isn’t flying all the way to Boston to watch HP7P2, we will probably view the movie after he leaves. Which is kinda sad because the drive-in is playing HP7P1 followed by a midnight screening of P2 on that Thursday, and I love going to the drive in. But it’s okay, because I will get to watch it…eventually.