June 21, 2011 § 1 Comment
The huzzband is almost out of recovery! And my incognito-ness is almost over!
So I shall leave you with the following things:
- Finding Alice by Melody Carlson. It’s about a girl that slowly spirals into paranoid schizophrenia and how she recovers. It’s good, but the last few chapters were rather disappointing. I felt like Carlson changed the voice way too much and wrapped things up way too quickly.
- Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson. It’s about a boy who is told to be a man but he doesn’t quite know how to do that. So he figures it out on his own. It’s a good, and quick, read told in the point of view of the protagonist who always seems to take the high road even though he’s given a lot of flack.
- Owl City’s newest album All Things Bright and Beautiful. I love Owl City. I love his quirky lyrics and the electronica-ness. And I love Alligator Sky, it’s probably better than Fireflies.
- HelloGiggles! Have you seen this website? It’s awesome.
- Parks and Recreation. I don’t know how I didn’t get hooked on this show–except that it was a complete ripoff from The Office–but I love it. Amy Poelher is great and the characters seem way more real and well-rounded than some from The Office. And as stupid as they all are, they all have great moments of vulnerability. Plus, as stupid as they are, it’s more of a normal stupid.
- Arrested Development. How have I never seen all this show before now? I even got the huzband hooked! It started getting shaky in the middle of season 2, when Buster lost his hand (to a loose seal wearing a bowtie that GOB had set free) but it steadied itself again. And I hear they’re making a movie! My favorite though? How Buster greets his family. Take a look:
That’s all for now! But I should be back to regularness by the end of the week.
What have you been doing?