I think I have a case of the Mondays.
April 25, 2011 § Leave a comment
Here are some Monday thoughts:
1. The husband and I are halfway vegetarians. Meaning our vegetarian meals significantly outnumber our non-vegetarian meals. And all you vegans and real vegetarians out there who want to tell me how I should go straight to no meat/no dairy, sorry. I love my meat. I can only give it up so much. And yes, I did watch that movie Food, Inc. and it basically made me crave a hamburger when I was finished with it. Albeit an organic hamburger.
2. Apparently, Augustana’s new album is out tomorrow. I won’t be able to download it for free for a little while, though. But good thing I’ve got iTunes and can listen to 30 seconds of every song until then!!
3. I started my new job today. If you’re keeping track, that would make this job 10 since moving to Boston 10 months ago. You’d think I’d be somewhat discouraged by this, but really, I’m not. I have successfully managed to procure a paycheck or two every month since we’ve been married, and now is still no different. (Also, I’m in the running for a really cool job for number 11!)
4. And as it turns out, I post way more things/thoughts/blurbs on my tumblr than my facebook. Probably because I don’t have to worry about people commenting on it. And defaming my page.
5. I love our apartment. Mostly all that’s organized and clean right now is our books on our bookshelves, but that in itself is a feat since we have more books than anything else. So here’s a picture of my favorite shelf in the house. (Wedding picture courtesy of Englexas Photography; the owner is pretty much the best photographer I’ve ever met.)
And if for some reason you love hearing other people’s thoughts about Mondays, my friend/colleague/roommate (in college, of course) usually has something pretty good to say about Mondays on her website, Bottles Forever. (Actually, she has good thoughts every day of the week, not just Mondays.) So you can check her out while you waste time on the internet procrastinating whatever it is you don’t want to do.